← back to the main page
Important: Talks must be addressed to a broad audience of physicists! Focus on the physical motivation, general ideas and the main results and their relevance, instead of technicalities (some guidelines, how to prepare a good Palaver talk: palaver_guidelines.pdf [by Antje Peters, Christopher Czaban, Sven Köppel])!
Important: Send your title one week before your talk via email!
Important: There is no laptop available, speakers need to bring their own laptop!
Important: The referee has to check the slides of the corresponding speaker several days before the talk! It is his/her task, to assure that the talk can be understood by everybody in the audience, e.g. also bachelor/master students working in/on rather orthogonal groups/topics!
Communications and reminders also via the
12. Oct 2015:
- 15:00 - 16:00 Determination of the program.
16. Nov 2015:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "Dileptons in heavy ion collisions (a coarse-graining approach)", Hendrik van Hees (referee: Dima Ollinychenko).
23. Nov 2015:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "Photons from heavy ion collisions", Moritz Greif (referee: Jürgen Eser).
- 15:30 - 16:00 "Nuclear systems under extreme conditions: isospin asymmetry and strong B-fields",
Martin Stein (referee: Sven Köppel).
30. Nov 2015:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "Continuum extrapolated masses of D and Ds mesons from Lattice QCD", Martin
Kalinowski (referee: Ziri Younsi).
- 15:30 - 16:00 "Applications of the quark-antiquark potential: ΛMS and the bottomonium spectrum",
Michelle Weber (referee: Martin Stein).
07. Dec 2015:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "Constraining unparticle physics with the hydrogen atom", Michael Wondrak (referee:
- 15:30 - 16:00 "Walking in relativistic magneto-fluids", Shi Pu (referee: Victor Roy).
14. Dec 2015:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "Binary neutron star mergers and nucleosynthesis", Luke Bovard (referee: Jonas
- 15:30 - 16:00 "The electrical conductivity in the crust of neutron stars", Arus Harutyunyan (referee:
11. Jan 2016:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "The light scalar κ as a companion pole", Thomas Wolkanowski (referee: Alessandro
- 15:30 - 16:00 "FRG study of the chiral phase transition in a quark-meson model with (axial-)vector
mesons", Jürgen Eser (referee: Jonas Scheunert).
18. Jan 2016:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "Artificial entropy viscosity applied to relativistic hydrodynamics", Federico Guercicena
(referee: Arthur Dromard).
25. Jan 2016:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "Relativistic deformability of compact stars", Enping Zhou (referee: Joshua Berlin).
01. Feb 2016:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "Simulating accretion flows onto black holes", Hector Olivares (referee: Savvas
- 15:30 - 16:00 "Studies of the energy loss of inclusive and beauty-tagged jets in a partonic transport
model", Florian Senzel (referee: Ludwig Jens Papenfort).
08. Feb 2016:
- 15:00 - 15:30 "K* resonance dynamics in heavy-ion collisions", Andrej Ilner (referee: Moritz Greif).
- 15:30 - 16:00 "Eccentric binary neutron star mergers", Ludwig Jens Papenfort (referee: Arus
← back to the main page